Tuesday, July 25, 2006

After Elia went to be tonight I found myself looking through some old pictures and videos. I focussed mainly on this spring's trip to MN to fish with Justin, and on his trip here to OR this year. We took some great pictures and videos, and I am already excited for next spring. I'm not sure what that trip will bring, but Justin and I always have a good time fishing together. Here is a link to a video taken on the Deschutes river in OR while fishing the salmonfly hatch. I had crawled into position for this fish, and after about 3-4 fly changes (picky sucker...and we are talking salmonflies here) I finally got a take. Chris O'donnell, a friend and guide was taken Justin and i down the river, and he actually carried enough salmonfly variations to get this fish to eat. It was a fun 20 minutes of fishing, and watching the fish dart, swirl and refuse was almost as good as the take.

http://media.putfile.com/Just-missed-a-big-Redside

5 comments:

MN Justin said...

I just watched that video too... that was a great perch we had there. We could see everything. The first time the fish refused, Chris just about had a heart attack. What great imagery - glad we have it on record. YOu were right on that fish too...

john montana said...

the more i watch that video, i think the fish refused again at the very last second. good stuff regardless. that is the beauty of fishing...it isn't always about the end result.

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»