Saturday, May 07, 2016

Heating up!

Beast!
Great day on the water today!  The fish are getting active and a well placed hybrid was generally rewarded with the sight of your backing.  At one point, in a narrow channel just choked with carp, I had fish literally racing each other to the fly.  That doesn't happen often on the big C. You gotta take advantage of it.
I love mirrors
I covered a lot of water, and it paid off.  I ended the day landing four carp over 20 lbs, two big mirrors (15 and 17 lbs), a bunch of high teens fish and too many 8-11 lb fish to count. Unreal day of carping on the Columbia.
Solid
This was one for the memory bank.  I love spring!

3 comments:

RM Lytle said...

Damn, those are some sweet fish! I'm lucky if I get four over 20 in a month! I was planning on fishing the Columbia this summer but had to change plans due to expenses, have to settle for big brook trout in Mane I guess ;)

Unknown said...

How big a fish!Equip yourself with massive fly rods.

Don Carp said...

Dang! Those are huge carp! I run a tree service business and love my time that I get to get away and go fishing. I live a pretty charmed life and actually get to go to Alaska with my brother and kiddos and fish for Red and King salmon on my uncle's property. But I guess I didn't realize Carp could get that big!
Nice man!