Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Elia has a real affinity for language. She loves to talk, and loves to look at books and have them read to her. She has most of her books memorized after one or two sessions, and recites them to herself all the time. Kelly has been checking books out of the library that we read to her each night, one or two chapters a night. I'm amazed that a regular book can hold her interest without pictures, but she is fascinated by the words. She's always recognized words quickly but tonight she actually read me several Dick and Jane stories, sounding out the difficult words (something, funny, etc) a letter at a time. It was an amazing moment watching all of that come together for her, and then she read my shirt, by sounding out the letters and putting them togeher (my "superdad" tshirt).

She amazes me every day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you have an RSS feed going?
I'd like to read your blog and updates on carp on the fly... but its hard without RSS>

Thanks