Sunday, February 07, 2010

I owe a huge debt of thanks to legendary bulldog basketball coach Julio Delgado. A year or two ago I was at the NCAA tournament with Julio and mentioned that I've always wanted to see a Zag game in K2. Julio contacted Mike Roth, the Gonzaga AD and I made the trip to Spokane this past week to see the Zags take on Portland. I'm a huge Gonzaga fan, and to see them play a big game at home was truly spectacular! GU dominated the game with outstanding defense and some great offensive plays...anyone that follows the Zags knows that Coach Few is extremely creative on the offensive end of the court, and this game played out much like I expected. Gonzaga was just too much for Portland, and ran away with a 27 point win. Big thanks for Julio, now all I need to do is figure out a way to go see Duke play at Cameron!



I broke up the long drive to Spokane by stopping at a few carp haunts and taking a look at the water. Talk about wetting your appetite! In some cases I saw a few tell tale pock marks, but no fish were spotted. Overall though, wow did the water look good. Everything was clear and the water was low...I did my best to fool myself into seeing some fish, but the temperature is just too cold still. In a month or two those fish will be in the shallows, and the spots I visited on the way to and from Spokane will be teeming with carp. It won't be too long now!

No comments: