Sunday, September 11, 2011

Memories

So much to say about this trip, and over the next few weeks I will likely put a lot of those words down here. But for now, I just want to make sure to thank my mom and dad for this trip. When my dad went last year with his friends and told me all about it, I had no clue we would be up there together just a year later. Things worked out for him to take me up here and I can't say thank you enough. Big thanks also to my wife and two fantastic kids. Truth be told, I miss them dearly and despite the fantastic time with my dad I cannot wait to get home and hold them.

As I look back through the days and think about the moments that will stay with me, there are simply too many to list. One thought leads to another, and the cascade of images in my mind is slightly overwhelming. I will sort through things in the days to come, but I am thankful to have spent this time in this place with my dad. The best part of the trip for me is that in every memory, every mental picture and every story I can tell...he is there. What an amazing place to share with your dad.

Thanks Dad! I love you!



No comments: